Tuesday

4-1-8

Only 15 for March. To be honest, that's not as bad as I thought it would be. But here we go. 1 down, 19 to go.

Notes:
  • I recently discovered Dario Marianelli's brilliant score for V for Vendetta. I've been listening to his Academy Award winning score on Atonement and couldn't help but notice some parallels to his work on Pride & Prejudice. That's when I discovered that I also had to score to V for Vendetta. Evey Reborn is without a doubt the best track on the whole album and it's just absolutely amazing. I turn it up (way up) and just let it flow over me. There really is no other way to describe how it is that I appreciate film scores other than to say that I listen to them really really loudly, close my eyes, and just let the music take me where it will. I know that sounds cheesy, but oh well, this is my blog, so I don't care.

    In fact, I will provide my top 10 favorite newly discovered film score tracks for my own enjoyment to look back upon on a later date. Kaitlin: if you want to me burn you a copy of all this wonderful stuff to impress your boss, just let me know.

  1. Evey Reborn (V for Vendetta) - Dario Marianelli
  2. Two Figures By A Fountain (Atonement) - Dario Marianelli
  3. Inama Nushif ( Children of Dune) - Brian Tyler
  4. 25 Dollars Worth (Michael Clayton) - James Newton Howard
  5. Allergo (BSG) - Bear McCreary
  6. Comptine d'Un Autre Été (Amelie) - Yann Tiersen
  7. Narc (Narc) - Cliff Martinez
  8. John and Will Found / Will Ascends (WTC) - Craig Armstrong (his best work ever in my opinion)
  9. Shell Shock (Smokin' Aces) - Clint Mansell
  10. Pita's Room (Man on Fire) - Harry Gregson Williams
  • I went bowling today. I actually scored pretty good on the first game. It was all down hill after that. But still, I had a good time.
  • Nuggets won against Phoenix today. People are calling it "Denver's Revenge." But that's a load of crap. It was still a great game and I think both teams really enjoyed playing each other and winning in their respective home courts. I cannot wait for April 20th. Who will be 8th seed? Who will Suns face off in the first round? I don't know, but all I can hope for is that the Mavericks loose every game from now until then.
  • Happy April Fools. I could jump on the Rick Astley bandwagon, but I think I'm a little too mature for that.

No comments: