Monday

5-12-8

  • Since today's lunch was leftovers from last night's dinner, lunch was amazingly delicious. Desert with lunch always seemed like a guilty pleasure to me. Which makes it all the sweeter!
  • It needs to be said that I am a huge fan of connection. While I may not be most friendly or nicest person, I do enjoy interactions with my fellow humans. However, there one particular form that just makes me happy. It's when you someone does a double take to look at you. The best instances usually happen while driving. So as I was on my way home today, I was watching this approaching motorcyclist and checking out the bike (like I do). But the motorcyclist was staring back at me. All the way until our vehicles passed each other and went beyond the point of comfort to continue looking at each other, we just sort had a moment. One of my all time favorite examples of this was a few years back when I decided to go out bicycle riding. I passed another bicyclist. And not only did we turn back and look at each other at the same time, but after I turned forward and spent about 2 seconds thinking about it, I turned around again and the other bicyclist did it at the exact same time, again! It was awesome.
  • I've been into Mika lately.
  • If you've checking the news at all lately, then I'm sure you've seen these literally awesome pictures of the Chaiten Volcano in southern Chile. But the pictures below are stunning. Click the link for some more great pictures of the eruption from this flicker page ! Carlos Guiterrez (who took the below pictures) can sure talk about the right place at the right time! On the first picture, doesn't it look like the devil peaking out on the right?





This last one is just really neat looking

No comments: