Wednesday

5-7-8

Side note: I thought I posted this already. Guess not.

Notes - Tonight sucked!
  • So first off, I became increasingly apprehensive last night while lying in bed thinking about my future as Operations Supervisors. People say that fear is good. But people also say that those responsibility often screw up. Well... maybe they don't say that. I actually just made that up. But whatever because it's true, right? Yeah it is! I don't want to frak up someone's paycheck and screw around with their income. I dunno... I've screwed up a lot in the past. So, having made up my mind, I told Liz that I didn't think I would be prepared for the job when the time came. She understood and was totally cool with it. So when I tell Ken, he says "No." And I'm like "What?" And then he told me that I couldn't say I didn't want the job and to get over it. Thanks Ken. Thanks a whole heap. Anyway, these next few weeks may or may not be mentally trying as I try to cram a crap load of information in the ol' noggin.

  • So tonight, Kobe won his MVP trophy and the Lakers beat the Jazz in the second round of semi-finals. I really wanted to watch this because as much as Lakers fans piss me off and as much as I agree that Kobe is a pompous ass, I still like the Lakers and I still enjoy watching people get awards and I love to be in places where other people who feel the same as I do crowd in large numbers. So I asked Rey to join me at BJs. I would buy dinner and all he had to do was show up. Alas, he finally came at 7pm. Right when he comes in, I'm ready to leave. But he wants to hug and be cute and affectionate. I'm not peeved about this but I'm anxious to leave so we can get a seat. So he offers up that he wants to go to TGIFs. I try to be accommodating and agree to his suggestion so long as we can leave at that very moment. As we're driving to Porter Ranch, he yells at me about something or the other and that's really where it all began.

    When we arrive at our destination, it's crowded and the bar (as well as the patio) are full. In fact, every table and chair even near a television is taken. So, I turn around and head out the door. I don't say anything, I can already tell Rey knows I'm irritated. I ask if he wouldn't mind Islands since it's right next to TGIFs and he gets all weird and says he's not in the mood for Islands. So, we make our way over to BJs. Along the way, we're both quiet and annoyed. We start talking but it's strained. We get to BJs and it's also ridiculously crowded. Now, I'm just pissed off so I march out to the car. I say nothing on the ride back home other than "I don't even care if I watch the game and I'm not hungry anymore."

    When we get back to my place, I tell him to just go home because I don't really want to talk to him. But he's stubborn and he ended up staying until we worked things out. We talked for a bit after I made him wait for a half hour while I did some menial tasks that could have waited. But we did talk. So afterward, I agreed to at least go to Dos Arbolitos. I still wasn't very hungry and we got there 15 minutes before closing. I wasn't really down for staying but Rey wanted to. So right when we go inside, the game goes to half time.

    Ultimately, the whole night was fairly crappy. The lesson learned from this: If I want to do something, I need be more vocal about exactly what it is I want to do.

  • I was looking forward to hurting some of those infuriating felines due to their wearisome wailing, but alas it was not be had. They shut up right when I went to bed and began 10 minutes after I awoke. They could have been screaming during the night and I was so tired that I could not be roused from my slumber. This is a possibility. Anyway, the gun is ready and loaded should an encore performance occur tonight.

No comments: