Thursday

7-31-8

It has to be mentioned that Robert and I went on an adventure to a bunch of different comic book stores. We hit up the following:
  1. The Meltdown - Strange coincidence that Becky Cloonan (one of Robot's favs) was signing that night. Anyway, Robert scored a free comic because the dude behind the counter had a nerd bonding moment. I was sorta taken aback by the quickness of it all. Something about Venture Bros. I leave Robert to explain that.
  2. Golden Apple - Thank God Ryan and Kendra were not working or else it would've been a lot of talk of Michael Turner. And... it's just for the best that it wasn't discussed.
  3. Farmers Market/The Grove - I love taking people to Farmers Market and the Grove for the first time. Mostly because I love both places. As discussed with Robert, they're sort of stop over places that don't warrant a special trip for that location only. But it's lots of fun to go down there and grab some grub and then go to the B&N which absolutely lovely. And they have lots of Graphic Novels. I also had the most evil frozen lemonade. It was delicious, but evil. (Super intense brain freeze)
  4. Secret Headquarters - After a bit of difficulty locating the place (I knew where it was, just not where it was) we found it. I still think it's pretentious. But after several visits, I realize that the best version of my comic book loving self comes out to play and I never ask them stupid questions that would cause them to look down on me with disdain. On the contrary, in fact, I ask smart questions that often lead to intellectual conversations and then the employees don't seem so stuffy, but actually really nice. Well, the dude was anyway. The girl sort of couldn't really be bothered to talk about foreign comics and some comic dude's garage where people can supposedly find the rarer stuff.
  5. Hi-De-Ho - They moved around a lot of stuff. It was crowded and strangely organized. But they have the Frezzato stuff I was looking for, so it looks like I need to make a return trip.
  6. Mickey D's - For obligatory ice cream
  7. Earth 2 - They seem to have discounted a lot of stuff. Robert got me El Cazador for 50% off. :D
  8. CD Trader - If anyone hasn't been here yet, please let me know and I'll take you. Why pay full price for DVD's when you don't have too. You can get new releases here for as low as $9.99. I love this place. One of my top 5 favorite stores in the greater Los Angeles area. I bought Robert Cool Runnings and we had a good laugh about it with the dude behind the counter. Speaking of which:

No comments: