Tuesday

10-14-8

Hey, check it out. 4 posts in a row. The start of an exciting new trend? Mmm... probably not. Oh, but I do need to hit 200 posts by the end of the year and I need 45 more posts to do that. And I hate doubling up in a single day. It can be done!



Finally, a super hi-res scan of this months Details with Gossip Guys. I'm not even going to be ashamed of it anymore. I love this show. For a while, people were like, "Why would you watch that show?" and I would give some half-assed defensive answer. But now I'm just like, "Why wouldn't you? It's so much fun!" *sigh* I love Chuck and Blair. They make me happy.

One things I do want to mention about my car yesterday though was the weird wave of competitive spirit that completely took over my parents as I stood there frustrated and unsure of what to do. They started talking about how many times their cars had been broken into and the extent of damage done in the previous occurrences. It was like they were welcoming me into some sort of club that I did not want the invitation to. And they had no sympathy about them. I really wanted to yell at them how I didn't give a flying fuck about what happened (key note: past tense) and that this had just happened to me for the first time and that I demanded a little more sympathy and little less empathy. However, my prideful sense of constraint merely limited my words to "Take me to work," which was not so much a request as it was an disdainful order that was not refused. For everyone that has mentioned their sympathies, I greatly appreciate it and it does make me feel better to know that you care unlike my parents that apparently are without a sense of compassion until they've been awake for at least an hour. I guess 30 years of waking up at 4:30am does that to a person.

The fires continue to burn. Not nearly at such a drastic rate, even though the Porter Ranch fire has burned over 13,000 acres. From down here in the valley with the winds blowing, the smoke seems to have subsided and the hills seem almost the same at first glance, but then you realize that the green and brown earthy tones are actually no
w black and brown charred tones. Even though they are stating that it's 0% contained, it looks much better than yesterday. They say the Sylmar fire will be contained sometime on Thursday.

The one good thing about this fire is that all classes were cancelled today. Yippee! Unfortunately the stigma of class cannot be overturned by my extremely likable history professor. So I went shopping and got two great scarves from Target and was seriously considering cheating on my awesome new jacket for another really cute looking coat. Unfortunately, the unanticipated spending of $200 for a new window and new alarm remote didn't leave 70 disposable dollars that I would've used on this coat. However, my mind is made up. If the coat is still there by the next time I get paid, then it was meant to be and I will have it. I love coats. Did I mention how complimentary the winter time is to my sense of fashion. I love the winter. Another valid reason for the impending move to Colorado next year.

2 comments:

God said...

I showed my sympathy by giving you a ride home.

strangely, I also got talked into giving callahan a ride home too. *sigh* why am i so nice?

Anonymous said...

AHHHH! MUST GET MY HANDS ON THAT ISSUE OF DETAILS!

When I saw that the Gossip Girl cast was going to be on the cover of Entertainment Weekly I immediately called my sister to ask her which one I'd gotten in the mail. I got the issue with Vanessa and Chase on the cover so I decided to purCHASE (haha!) the other two. So now I have three issues of the same EW with different covers. I love that show! Is that a little crazy?

I love winter too!