Wednesday

1-2-8

Doing an entry. Yes!

Cleaned my room up and made it look spiff-a-rino! Well, it's almost done. It's taken me all day. I picked up Rey and drove out to Carson to get new bookshelves. Thinking I had enough money, I bought them. Sadly, I did not. *Sigh* Meh, I just justify it that bookshelves were $30 and not really $20. What a way to start out the new year. With a friggin' overdraft fee. Oh well, that'll be the only one of the year. Friday isn't far off and I will no longer be poor. Huzzah.

In some exciting/frightening news, a big-rig almost ran me off the road. No joke. It was sorta scary. But what sucked most was that I was really getting into singing Arcade Fire. Totally loud and into it, just driving along. Wait, before anyone comes to any conclusions, let me clarify: I was singing. However, I was also paying attention. Furthermore, I knew that the truck was not paying attention to me. So, I was aware of the situation. I just need to clarify that I'm not a bad driver. Because I'm not. Well... I got through 2007 with no tickets and no accidents. A personal record. Anyway, after that, my blood was pumping pretty hard and Arcade Fire kinda slowly got turned down and I stopped singing. And that made me a little sad. Because, like I said, I was really into it. That song "Windowsill" is a great song. And since "No Cars Go" follows that, it's like a double whammy of goodness. Triple whammy if you start off with "(Antichrist Television Blues)," which also an excellent song. Then "My Body Is A Cage" has to come along and kill it. Well, the good songs really out number the bad on
Neon Bible. I should probably say that that CD was one of top 5 favs of 2007.

In fact for the record, I should just put the top 5 here:
  1. Editors - An End Has a Start
  2. Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
  3. Interpol - Our Love to Admire
  4. Thirteen Senses - Contact
  5. Cinematics - A Strange Education

No comments: