- Miguel is actually a lot of fun to hang out with. Last night we went to Second Spin where I needlessly spent money that I don't have. (Well, I do actually, but the point here is to save.) Then we went over to Aahs, where we spent a good deal of time looking through the posters and basically oohing and... wait for it... aahing (hahahaha! I'm so witty) over the various posters we absolutely have to have some day. Finally, we finished up the evening over at Robbie Mac's enjoying pizza, the slurs of drunken men, and the Lakers game. We also discussed our mutual hatred for school and how much we would like to move out of California, or more importantly, away from shallow folk. Overall, it was a very enjoyable evening.
- I have absolutely NO tolerance for people who get butt hurt over incidents that are unintentionally hurtful. Case in point: Orly. What the fuck is she thinking getting pissed off not only in general, but at me, for not inviting her on my vacation. Seriously, that shit is inexcusable.
- The general clientèle of a retail establishment is fairly simple mostly due to their anonymity and fleeting impressions. However, once in a while, you get this customer that amazes you and they are most definitely not fleeting because you'll remember how someone cared enough to really make sure that you had a great day. But, more often than not, you deal with absolutely shitty people. These are the kind of people you dream of resorting to physical violence whilst tuning them out as they bitch at you. These people are pretty much a dime a dozen. Such was the customer I dealt with today. Granted, I know I didn't give her the kind of customer service that I'm capable of, but anyone that insults one of the employees that's under my supervision will be treated with the same kind of contempt they dole out. Anyway, it's important for me to remember, (or at least read in a year or so when I go over this), that that woman was a bitch. There it is.
- The Academy Awards were tonight. I watched the show with Bonnie, Kaitlin, Andrew, and surprisingly enough, Nadia. I was quite happy she showed up. It was really unexpected. Overall, it was good show. Marion Cotillard is beautiful. James McAvoy has to be the most charming man alive. Amy Adams really nailed it on "Happy Working Song." The Once song deservedly won. (Those two are beyond adorable) And I my love affair with Jennifer Garner continues to be very much in place. Anyway, the company watching the show was awesome. We are a fantastic group and I had fun. Mostly because of the constant repeating of "I drink your milkshake. I drink it up." I also need to mention how much I love the fact that when our little group meets, we generally all leave at the conclusion of whatever it is we were watching, be it movies, basketball games, or awards show.
- In general, I'm a pretty humble person. I have my good points, but I don't like to dwell on them. There are a few things that I don't mind being congratulated on. Mostly because I take such pride them. One of them is my work ethic. I know it hasn't been amazing of late, but in general, I think I have pretty good work ethic. That's just one of the few things that comes to mind right now. However, that's not what this is about. What this is about is my ability to correctly guess the winners of the Oscars like I was a member of the Academy. I fucking rock. I do. What are you gonna do about it? Nothing. Why, because I won. And for the last 6 years, I've come out on top. 15 is a pretty good number. I think my best was 21 in 2003. Whatever, what matters is that once again, I won. And uh... it's petty, but I'm pretty proud of myself. So there.
- Lakers won today. That makes them best in the West. This year is going to be insane for the West. So many good teams. Phoenix had a really embarrassing loss today (30 points!) which will never be discussed again.
Sunday
2-24-8
Some things need to be said. Since I can't say them, I'll type them:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment