PLAYOFFS, people! They have started As I speak, the Wizards are kicking ass and taking names in Cleveland. And, in 1 hour and 45 minutes (while I'm at work) the Suns will be killing the Spurs and attempting (and succeeding) in getting rid of the Spurs sorry asses in the first round. Oh, it's on!
Anyway, I'm really excited. If the western conference came down to Lakers vs Suns, I would be so thrilled. You can't even imagine. But I know for a fact that if Bynum comes back before that match-up happens, my beloved Suns chances will drastically decrease.
Anyway, some notes:
- Went to see Forgetting Sarah Marshall & The Forbidden Kingdom yesterday. I thoroughly enjoyed both. I had pretty low expectations for Forbidden Kingdom and wasn't really expecting the end-all-be-all of martial arts films with those two. But I still really had a good time watching it other than the fact that I had to go pee like nobody's business toward the end. It was painful. Sarah Marshall, was pretty hilarious. Only one part seemed sorta "forced funny," and consequentially did not achieve it's intended goal. But as a whole, the entire film was pretty damn bitchin and I wouldn't mind seeing it again.
- Andrew & I went bowling last night. We each won two games, but I maintained a fairly decent score in both games I won. I think my low score was 128 and my high score was 166. Not too bad. I still need to practice some more. However, there were some obnoxious kids next to us that I was about to dole out a beat down. I was two seconds away from giving them a harsh lesson on the rules of bowling etiquette when their time was up and they left. STAY OFF THE FUCKING WOOD WHEN IT'S NOT YOUR TURN!!!! Eeesh.
Anyway, then we headed over to LAX for the only thing we go to LAX for. Watching the planes land. Which was pretty awesome. Except I didn't bring a sweater. Alas, a side purpose was to enjoy chocolate shakes from In N Out. But no joke, their machine was broken. Andrew tells the girl, "But we drove all the way from the Valley for a chocolate shake." The girl laughs and says "No you didn't." And then me, with my perfect deadpan face of annoyance, "Yes, we did." Poor In N Out girl stopped laughing and started apologizing. Damn straight, skippy. Anyway, in the end, we still got our milkshakes, albeit at a location back in the Valley. - Lately, I've really been enjoying food. Not gorging myself if that's how that comes across. But just, really enjoying the food and the taste and the textures. It's all very "Ratatouille-esque." I had this shrimp burrito and I swear it took me like 15 minutes to finish it because I just sat there (much to Rey's annoyance), slowly savoring each bite. That was where it began. Now, it's just all the time, everything tastes delicious these days and it's wonderful. I hope it doesn't stop. (small exception: last night, I was super thirsty, so I had a bottle of Voss that had be rolling around in car for the last few days. I ask Andrew to grab it so I can have some. Of course, Andrew needs to drink some before he'll give it to me. When I ask how it is, he's like, "Icky!" Then I have a taste. Damn, it was bad. It was down right awful. What the hell do people see in sparkling water anyway? UGH!)
- Tonight I'm off to Patrick's to play Apples to Apples and watch BSG. Very exciting...
No comments:
Post a Comment