This blog was created for days like this. When I go out and try new things. Despite the fact that I keep spending money that I don't have, it was still an awful lot of fun. A few days ago I discovered the total awesomeness of Yelp. As a person that's all about going and finding new cool things to see, do, and eat, this site is an incredible resource. So, today I hauled Rey's ass out of bed and made him accompany me over to Galco's
What can I say about Galco's that all the reviews don't already divulge. It's awesome. It's a little run down store in Highland Park that at first glance doesn't look that cool. Even walking inside, I couldn't help but think, "That's it?" But it's rad! The candy is displayed where produce once was. The aisles are filled with weird sodas and interesting beers. The whole place is an experience not to be missed in ones travels about Los Angeles and I highly recommend it.



Next we went over to Penny's Burgers because that also received favorable Yelp reviews. It was pretty good. It didn't seem like much when you receive your tray of food but damn, it was intense. I couldn't finish my burger and I barely touched my fries. This could've been because I had an Orange n' Creme soda from Galco's mere moments before, but that shouldn't have ruined my appetite because I'd had nothing to eat all day. Hmm... All I can say is that, while it's similar in nature to Frosty Queen or Kings or Daglas or whatever non-chain burger joint we have over the west valley, it's a good deal if you're stopping by Galco's anyway.
After a filling lunch and seeing Erica get arrested (don't ask), Rey and I headed back to him place for a delicious nap. It was wonderful. I think I slept for about an hour and half. And what do I wake up to? Rey's dad screaming about something. In fact, for some reason, his ramblings were incorporated into my dream. It was weird. Anyway, I actually woke up to Rey telling me to put on my shoes because we're going for a hike. No joke. I woke up and five minutes later, I was stretching my calves preparing for an arduous journey up a mountain side.
The hike was pretty much as bad it sounds. Rey pretty much laid it on me and said, "You can go the steep way which is quicker, or go the normal way which is longer." The normal way, thank you. So after a mile and half up this intense climb, I wasn't ready to die (to my surprise), nor did I have cramps and my calves were no burning (better shape then I thought I was in? Maybe.) But I was ready to smack Rey for completely blindsiding me with an unexpected work out. His saving grace was the amazing views of the Valley from the top of the hike. I'd really like to go on that hike again with my camera (which Rey told me to leave in the car.)
Anyway, then to finish off the night was it was my favorite Quizno's Chicken Caesar Salad and a f**king fantastic basketball game. Oh, and to make it even better, the Pistons lost. If only you could see the bemused smirk of satisfaction on my face...
Finally, I didn't get a chance to post anything yesterday even though I have a great time at Kaitlins watching Veronica Mars, eating Taco's, and pathetically taking one shot. But I do want to share this picture from Ralph's of Bonnie while we contemplated which beverage to drink for the evening:

I know... we tried to figure that one out too.
No comments:
Post a Comment