Wednesday

5-21-8

The last few days have been unexpectedly busy. I should be working on my final paper for English, but as always, I've been procrastinating. Because that is what I do. No worries though, I know I'll get it done and it will be wonderful. Anyway, notes:
  • Yesterday I worked on that damn board for the cafe. The final product looks kinda crappy, but so what. I had a limited amount of time to get it done because guess what... I procrastinated and waited till the last minute. I'll take a picture later and post it here. Good news from all this is that I watched Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, Serenity, and Children of Men. I had forgotten how much I absolutely loved that movie. Everything about it so good. Definitely in my Top 10 favorite movies ever. Children of Men that is. Rey also made me watch 1941 which was stupid, but fun. There was also delicious food and a trip to Fry's. Overall, a very good day.
  • Today Rey and I bought Disneyland Passports. One for him, and then (get this) I bought one for... my MOM! My mom wanted a passport and she hasn't even been in over 10 years. But since we're going for two days next week, she felt it would be worth it because it's about $20 more than a 2 day 2 park pass. So, she said as long as I take her to go see Fantasmic and the Fireworks, then the pass will be more than worth it. My passport has certainly gotten it's worth. Rey loves it when he buys me gifts that I use often. By next week, I'll have used this pass 7 times so far. That may not seem like a lot, but it is.
    • There was corn dogs
    • There was churros
    • There was Dole Whip... yum.
    • There was a lesson at the Segway Experience! I rode a Segway! Michelle, my instructor, said I was born to ride those things because I was naturally good on it. She asked me if I was sure that this was my first time. Hehehehhehe! It was short, but so friggin awesome. I need to find a place that rents those things out. They are bad- aaysss! (<--That's phonetic for "ass")
    • There was the return of pain to my foot. It's not as bad as it was, but at one point, I was about to sit down right where I was because the pain was overwhelmingly bad. Rey helped me hobble to a bench that was just a few feet away.
  • Lastly, Rey treated me to dinner at the Elephant Bar. Our bartender/waiter (we did not order alcoholic beverages even though we sat at the bar) was super nice and, well... kinda cute. The food was pretty good and decently priced. However, the search for Spinach Artichoke Dip better than my mom's continues on. Their's wasn't that good. Ruby Tuesday's still has the best dip found at any restaurant. CPK a close second. But once again, my mother has procured a magical recipe that results is the best Spinach Artichoke Dip I have ever tasted.
  • To top of the already awesome day and great night, Lakers made a comeback and beat my mortal nemeses: The Spurs! Boo-yow Tony Parker, in yo face!
  • Tomorrow, it's Indy so I'm sure I won't update until Friday.

1 comment:

Kennya said...

The board looks lovely.