Wednesday

6-25-8

  • Let's got something straight right now. Two years ago I paid my dues and worked Wednesday nights. I don't do that shit no more. Which means that this Wednesday better be the last m.f.ing Wednesday night I work for the rest of the summer. And I swear if I ever find out that you used the bathroom at the store on a Wednesday night in the summer, ima pop you in the mouth.

  • Last night was absolutely fantastic. Amanda was able to score some tickets for the LA Film Festival and she gave them to me. The only thing that really interested me was seeing Edgar Wright do a panel for Spaced.

    So I pick up Bonnie at 9 and we jam over to Westwood. But once again, Mapquest bites the big one and gives utterly crap directions. Thank goodness Bonita used to be a resident of the area and she figured out where to go. So I drop her off near the theater and patrol about for a parking spot. Damn capitalists (not that I have anything against capitalism) swindled me for $5 to park whereas everyone was only charging $3.

    I find a spot and rush to the theater. At this point, my plans for the near future seem dismal as the line is huge and we are in the standby line. From my view, the line is pretty long and our chances are pretty small of get in. But alas, perseverance and a steadfast heart win the day and we are the very last people they let in the theater!

    Matt Stone (of Southpark fame and the moderator for this event) was busy hyping of the crowd and thank god he didn't talk very long. He seems like a very likable and sensible industry fella, but I just didn't really care to hear him speak. Finally, that tiny and adorable British man that is Edgar Wright came on stage and he is just the most precious little thing you ever saw. What I say here is absolutely condescending and in the extremely unlikely event that anyone affiliated with Edgar Wright reads this, "I wish I could be apologetic for any emasculating feeling derived from my opinions, but Edgar Wright is a cute little man."



    You know who he reminds me of? Moss from the IT crowd. Same kind of voice and mannerisms. And we all know that I LOVE Moss. Well, at least David (who probably doesn't read this blog) is very well aware.

    Anyway, We watched three episodes of Spaced and I had such a great time watching them.After the show, Edgar Wright came back on stage and he answered some questions and he was just really cool about it.

    Anyway, Bonnie: this is for you

    hahahahahahahahahahaha!


1 comment:

God said...

too orangey for crows!

hahahahahaha