- On Saturday, I hung out with Patrick, Heather, and Scott. We all enjoyed some pizza, jelly beans (as these are apparently one of Patrick's favorites) and Sunshine. Oh no no, not the oppressive heat. Rather, it was the astoundingly good film from Danny Boyle. I believe I spoken to you before about how much I enjoy this film. I could go on to sing it's praises in it's individualistic accomplishments. But really, this one singular recommendation should be enough for you to want to expereince this film. I don't often recommend things as I know my taste will always slightly vary from yours. But this is definitely a film I hope you'll watch.
One of my favorite things about this movie is the ambient tracks in the soundtrack. Some of the songs are bit too hard for my taste, but the tracks that have that sort of ethereal quality are really fantastic. Just press play and listen. Nothing to watch, only to listen to. - Yesterday at work, I really didn't want to go out in the evening, but alas, I had tickets to see Thievery Corporation at the Hollywood Bowl. As I was sitting there, listening to sultry tones of Bebel Gilberto, I was thinking a lot of how much I enjoy the Bowl. There are a few things I really enjoy about living in Los Angeles. One of those is summer nights at the Hollywood Bowl. Last night was probably not the best line up for me to express my true appreciation for this place. The music was enjoyable, and while the people were friendly enough, there's no denying that they were as loose as the brightly colored tank tops and summer dresses that dominated the fashion scene. The crowd was lively and relaxed all at the same time and while that may seem fairly cool to most, it would appear that I may be too... conservative for that crowd. That makes me sound like a bore. Perhaps that's not the right word and yet somewhat the closest delineative of my character at last nights festivities. Nevertheless, that was the first of four shows I'll be attending. Since the others are orchestral pieces and one of them is huge geek fest anyway, I think that those will prove to be more up my alley. Though I must say, one of my favorite quotes from the evening was as I was moving past some people, one guys said to me, "Oh excuse us. We're just making out."
- Finally, I can get a full night of sleep and awake to the blissful dawn of a day without work. Working seven days in a row totally sucks.
Monday
6-23-8
I knew this month wouldn't be good for blogging. Oh well...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment