Saturday

7-26-8

These last few days have been pretty boring. Not for lack of innovative thoughts and interesting ideas that I've processed, but I really haven't gone out and done anything. With Rey gone in Las Vegas I find myself not really in the mood to socialize. Mmm....

Stuff of interest
  • Ken is leaving. I have known this for actually a week now. I'm anxious about our new GM. I shall give a detailed report approximately two weeks from now when he is in place and I have had a week to assess my findings on his character.
  • I saw 6 satellites and shooting star tonight. Quite the victory if I do say so myself. The Perseids are coming up. Who's up for a meteor shower party?
    • Side note: after watching the stars light night for satellites, I've decided that if I could ever have a super power it would be to be indestructible and be able to fly into space. Have you ever thought of what a super nova sounds like? What it must feel like to be in the middle one. To dive into a star? I can't even imagine how awesome it would be to hear and see such things. Because with indestructibility comes indestructible ear drums and super strong eyes... Nice!
  • The musical score for the Dark Knight has improved upon me after several listenings (that's now a word).
  • I am building up this collection of amusing and awesome pictures that I must share with you. So tonight, I give you:


    Pretty awesome, no? I know this poor film has come under a ton of duress and it makes me a little sad. But ultimately, it makes me hopeful. I've been looking at still shots and whatever else I can find of it because I love the Wild Things. It's such a great story and Maurice Sendak was a total genius. Anyway, when it finally does come out (2010?), I hope it's just as amazing as this one picture.

No comments: