Saturday

8-16-8

  • Apparently, something every geek should know is how to count to 31 on one hand. Since I occasionally fancy myself worthy of the title, I sought out the answer and it's rather amusing. So far, I can count up to about 15 before I have to look at the key again. But I have to admit that number 2 is not easy for me to do. Something's up with my ring finger. I suspect I'll be up to 31 by the end of the month.

  • I discovered this in a roundabout way that I can't really remember. But it is absolutely worth linking to and you checking it out. C'mon. That Bat Cave? Yes please.

  • As it turns out, I only own 40 of this lists top 100 best graphic novels. Since this is a newer list, it seems like a good one to go off of. And what's worse, I only own 9 of the top 10. Man, I woulda thought I was more of a comic geek that I should have at least have all of the ones listed in the top 10. I gots some buying to do. Anyway, new goal? Own all top 100 by the end of the year.
  • After yesterday's trip to the comic book store, I went about looking for pictures of a Blacksad bust because I am in need of one. One link lead to another and then I discovered two things.
    • That Stuart Ng's bookshop is actually available to anyone. But it's only open Saturdays from 12-4. I found this out because I discovered a graphic novel called Siegfried. Which is strange because it's based Richard Wagner's The Ring of the Nibelung opera and I had just received a history lesson on that two nights at the Hollywood Bowl when the conductor went on about it for about five minutes because they played the last 7 bars of music from the whole 16 hour opera. Clearly from the run-on sentence, you can tell that I am really, really excited and amazed and in overwhelming awe of the following and everytime I watch it (which has been about 15 times so far) my jaw drops, my heart races, and I feel the overwhelming need to watch it again and again. I don't expect you to even remotely understand what I see in it, but you should probably watch it anyway because it's stunning.



      Just trust me. Watch it.

      The worst thing about it is that it's just that and only that. Can you imagine a movie? For a long time now I've been wanting to make a trailer like that. And now that I see it can be done, I actually have more than initiative. I have drive and I just need to figure out where to start. Man! I feel so inspired!!!

2 comments:

God said...

I really like the bat cave! it was so sleek. Now I want a pimp home theatre.

For shame Kellie. I can't believe you only have 9 out of the top 10.

Will this new goal interfere with the paying-off-the-car-by-the-end-of-the-year goal?

btw, it feels like I haven't seen you in forever!

Fatty Pants said...

I have issues with my ring finger too. It's like the tendon is too short or something.