I love Robert Downey Jr. Well, everyone loves him. But now my reasons just became more personal. I basically copied and pasted from Moviehole.net, but here's why. Robert Downey Jr. said "My whole thing is that that I saw 'The Dark Knight'. I feel like I'm dumb because I feel like I don't get how many things that are so smart. It's like a Ferrari engine of storytelling and script writing and I'm like, 'That's not my idea of what I want to see in a movie.' I loved 'The Prestige' but didn't understand 'The Dark Knight'. Didn't get it, still can't tell you what happened in the movie, what happened to the character and in the end they need him to be a bad guy. I'm like, 'I get it. This is so high brow and so fucking smart, I clearly need a college education to understand this movie.' You know what? Fuck DC comics. That's all I have to say and that's where I'm really coming from."Now, I'm not going to discredit everything that DC has done. They have some quality work out there and have contributed great works to the mythology that modern day comics encapsulates. But I have always been a Marvel girl at heart. Gary and I used to talk about what would happen if we ever broke into comics. We were gonna silly string the DC booth at Comic Con and send them pizzas with sardines that spelled out "DC SUCKS." We definitely had plans...
Anyway, so perhaps my partiality for Marvel is not quite so extreme that I would just outright say that for the whole world to read, but Robert Downey Jr. has certainly made the right kind of impression and for his audacity, I love and respect him all the more for it. So kudos to you Iron Man, and well done.
Today's Horatio Hornblower Picture. Gotta love him!
2 comments:
He looks so jolly.
he actually kinda looks like Heath Ledger in The Patriot...weird.
Post a Comment