Friday

8-29-8


  • Saw Babylon A.D. What the hell was that movie about? It was enjoyable enough. Mostly because of an inherited love of Vin Diesel. But seriously, it was a lot of cool stuff that I think worked out in the book. But on film, you're left wondering about what the hell that last two hours of your life meant. Hmmm. I'm confused...
  • Some part of me just had to have the white desk lamp even though everything else on my desk is black. I should've gotten the black desk lamp. But on it's own, the white just seemed so much cooler. Now, with all the rest of my crap, it seems out of place.
  • Gotta love John Williams. Even when he comes out on the third encore to make a sleepy nappy time face. It's cool though. Homeboy played Superman, so that's really all that concerned me. I mean, he played the other goods too, but I was about to be upset if he didn't do Superman. He did a really great Close Encounters of the Third Kind thing which I really enjoyed. Kim and I were discussing that he must really hate the themes from Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and Superman. He's probably, "Oh fuck, I really hate this shit but I know they want to hear it. Here you go, ya bastards. Are ya happy?" And he thinks all this to himself as we swing about our lightsabers with a blissful and content smile on our faces as we enjoy the delicious (but most likely rotten, to him) fruits of his labor. Another satisfying year of John Williams at the Hollywood Bowl.

No comments: