Saturday

9-27-8

Some Stuff
  • Why can't people just interview well? I'm gonna go ahead and be a little racist here, but why does it seem like all the white girls seem to be able to do this really well and after that, it's all up in the air? I don't know!? I wish I did. I interviewed this girl this morning and it was awesome. She was awesome. She was smart and funny and the whole thing was enjoyable. And then I interviewed two other people and it was sort of a let down. No. It wasn't sort of a let down. It just was. The Asian girls I have interviewed are uh... 0 for 3. Not so good. I'm just saying, it Seriously, SELL YOURSELF at interviews. Please.

  • Heh...
  • Finally, I have finished d/ling Der Ring Des Nibelungen (aka Richard Wagner operatic masterpiece) and I have to say, it's fairly beautiful so far. The transition though from the sweeping crescendos (un-fraking-believably one of the most uplifting pieces of classical music I've heard) of the first scene of Das Rheingold to the crazy soprano of the opera singer kinda took me by surprise. What's worse is that I had it turned way up and next thing I know I was like yelping to turn down the volume while shaking my head back in forth hoping that for some reason, this might help the overwhelming nature of the music. Once turned down to a reasonable level, it turns out to be very enjoyable. Who knew that I could be into opera? Certainly not me. But this is new and different and so far, I'm really digging it.

  • You know the drill:

1 comment:

God said...

I think we should print that picture out and take it with us to d-land. whilst there, we should see how many of the princesses we find and are willing to recreate the picture with us.