Monday

7-14-8

KOREAN BBQ NIGHT!

After months of waiting, Jason and Robert who have promised me Korean BBQ for some time have finally stayed true to their word and the experience was awesome. But before I begin: Kaitlin, don’t hate us.







Soot Bull Jeep is a small hole in the wall Korean BBQ restaurant in Korea Town. It had a B rating which always gives me cause for concern. But tonight, there would be no concern. Only the knowledge that Robert would not take me some terrible place. And indeed, it was not. In fact, it was absolutely delish! The Spencer steak. The steak… Mmmmmmm. Why we needed so much meat was beyond me, but the point is, it was filling and damn good. I can’t wait to take Rey here.





After that, we decided to head to Scoops. After some bad directions and traveling a little further than we need to, we finally found it. Now I’ve been hearing and reading about Scoops for sometime. It’s considered the best ice cream place in Los Angeles by several people. However (as I told Bonnie), the sort of people that deem it to be the best ice cream place in LA are the same people that are described in Stuff White People Like. I had vegan cookies and cream with Oreo. VEGAN!! It was the first vegan thing I’ve ever had. I’ll be honest, it was kind of good. Well, satisfyingly enough anyway. The strange flavors for the night were Beet Cashew (quite popular) and Guinness and Coffee which while I don’t enjoy those two flavors was actually quite interesting. There were other strange flavors and nothing quite traditional. Next door was some awesome art (see pictures above). Ultimately, it was not the end-all, be-all of ice cream joints and still nothing compares to Rite-Aids waffle cone (up to 7 scoops for $2.29. NO BETTER DEAL ANYWHERE!!!) or to Sonic’s (sadly) discontinued cookie dough concoction thing that was delicious and I have fond memories of.

Speaking of ice cream, I’ve decided that Cold Stone is not nearly as amazing as everyone says it is. It’s alright. But it tastes kinda forced. Like meat flavored meat at McDonalds. And it’s overpriced. So… there’s that.

After a car ride back to the valley that was generally filled with talk of Borders staff, Bonnie decided rather spontaneously that we should go to the beach. Since I was down for that as was Jason and Robert, the result was impromptu trip to beach. We picked up Jason's girlfriend (who's name I did not get) but she seemed rather nice. So Jason, you have my approval. There was an incident whilst driving along Topanga Canyon that turned quite humorous when I decided to turn off my lights on what would’ve been a pitch black road had the vehicle in front of me not had their lights on. I kept them off oh… for about 10 seconds at the most. But apparently, that was enough time for the driver in front of me to decide that they did not want to drive anywhere near me. So they pulled off quickly and I passed them to the sounds of laughter as my passengers thought that was about the damn funniest thing that had had happened all night.






Once we arrived at the beach, Bonnie was the initial pioneer that decided to test the water temperature. It was actually quite nice. So we all decided to take of our shoes, roll up our pant legs, and dip our toes in the Pacific. Naturally, as with all mammals, competitions ensued. Who could stand closest to the waters edge without getting wet? Who could stick our… sticks furthest in the water without getting wet? Strange activities but fun times.

This is that part where Kaitlin is sure that we are at least 30% whores for what we have done already. Kaitlin, it’s about to get worse. We then decided that because of our proximity, we should go to my favorite park next to LAX to watch the planes land. I love that little park. It’s definitely one of my top five favorite places in Los Angeles. And I love taking people to it. I probably love it because no one ever told me where it was. I found it one day when I decided that I wanted to watch the planes land. What makes this park so amazing is that not only can you just hang out and watch the planes land and take-off, but that you can do it while eating a Double-Double or drinking a chocolate shake because In-N-Out is right there. And that is about as close to perfection as you can get.

No comments: