True to my word, last night I went out to Virgin Megastore on Hollywood and Highland to meet Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard. There were probably about 300 people there. I got there at around 6ish and took my place at the end of, that at the time, was a moderate line of about 100 or so people. By the time that JNH and Hansy Poo showed up (15 minutes late) the end of the line could not be seen. I really didn’t think that that many people were going to show up.
I remember about 2 years ago I was down there trying out my camera and taking random pictures and I walked in the store and Tera Patrick was there and no one at all was there. It was just her flaunting her goodies and two security guards and some sleazy looking guy. But I got some cool pictures from that day. Like this one
Anyway, back to the event, I really need to get something off my chest about this. There is something that really frustrates me about events like these. “Like these” includes any sort of geek fest where people are getting interviewed or asked questions. Both the guys in front and back of me were asked questions about the event and there love of HZ and JNH, even the guy in front of the guy that was in front of me got interviewed for G4 or something like that. And when asked what HZ soundtracks he liked best, ‘Uhh… well, ya know, Batman Begins. *nervous laugh* I mean, that’s why we’re all here. OH! And the Dark Knight too. Yeah. It’s really cool.” Inside I was cringing and practically telepathically screaming “FOR FUCK SAKE, ASK ME!” But no, I was asked nothing.
And so when I finally got to the table to meet the two guys, I was more than a little annoyed which resulted poorly in the main event of the evening. I was brisk in meeting them. A clipped “Hi. Can you sign these? Thanks.” was all they got. When Hans Zimmer commended my choice of having him sign the insert for The Thin Red Line score, I nodded curtly in agreement, almost snatched it out his hands and stomped down the stairs where I did snatch the free Dark Knight poster out of the hands of some store employee before stalking off to snatch the lemonade that Rey was holding out to me. In hindsight, I probably should’ve gotten over it faster. But this sort of thing isn’t the first time this has happened. People that shouldn’t be talking or don’t really even know what they’re talking about get asked to do these cool things and me, the person that actually had a genuine appreciation and knowledge of these things, gets looked over.
Alright, enough of that. No pictures from last night because they were strict on us not taking pictures of them. Bunch of people did anyway, but my mood was shot anyway.
Got my tickets for The Dark Knight. Just in case. Bonnie and Kaitlin: I would love to see it with you guys. Just after I see it with Rey on Friday.
2 comments:
well, since there's no guarantee I will see it tonight, maybe we can all catch a showing sunday.
sorry about the lame people at your event. that blows.
on the flip side I like that picture. Especially since you can kinda see superman on the building. : )
loll, Kellie. I know how you feel. Batman Begins and The Dark Knight soundtracks?? pfffthbbbtbbbbbtthh!!!! Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, its bobsled time! COOL RUNNINGS! That was the best movie he scored! These people just don't know...
Post a Comment